Can they all survive these perilous times?
I got to pondering that question on Tuesday of this week (ie April 6, 2010).
- I do not see how President Obama can survive to complete his first term in office.
- Nor do I see how the United States can survive almost three more years of what it has experienced in the first year plus of the Obama Presidency.
- About Israel, well, take man’s measuring rod and she’s doomed also.
I should remind you at this point that I am a two-separate-kingdoms Christian. I am apolitical and my comments are likewise.
I believe we are in a period of intense peril for the USA, for President Obama, and for Israel. I believe this great peril exceeds anything any of those three have experienced before (at least if we limit the scope of that comment to the modern nation-state of Israel and not historical Israel).
The course presently charted for the US will hasten its collapse or at least the collapse of her system of government (which would be catastrophic enough). I will not elaborate on why I think that.
President Obama surely has more than the usual potential assassins plotting his destruction. Again, I’ll not take the time to elaborate. I don’t see how the Secret Service can keep him safe.
Israel need only look at the radical change this week in the American nuclear posture to doubt her own survivability. The US has just declared it has taken a nuclear counterstrike off the table as a response to a non-nuclear WMD attack. If the US will not retaliate that way to such an attack on itself, why should Israel think the US will stick its neck out for her when she’s attacked with chemical, biological, or nuclear weapons? Couple that with other developments of late, and Israel appears dangerously alone.
Well, I have taxes to do. And a Sunday School class to prepare to teach in the morning. And missionary reports from Mexico to get ready for tomorrow afternoon’s Mission Board meeting. And other pressing matters pressing me. I already spent too much time on this. I shall have to forego the pleasure of expanding my points.
In closing, these points:
- As I understand the Scriptures, Israel survives, thanks only to dramatic divine intervention.
- About the United States and about President Obama, I don’t know. I’m not that kind of prophet.
- I just don’t see how they survive another three years.
- I pray they do.
I call on God’s faithful people to pray that way as well.
PS: Am I going off the deep end?
PS, Jr: I’m not fearful nor paranoid. Nor am I a kook. 😉