That’s right, I don’t like Facebook’s Timeline. 😯 I even say so on my cover image.
But this isn’t a post to bellyache about Timeline or its involuntary imposition on the masses of we humble proletariat. 🙄
I want to show you how to make the most of Zuckerberg’s brain storm.
1 Highlight certain posts. Clicking the star in the upper right corner of the post block makes it span both columns. I discovered that quite by accident, so now I use it to…
- break the flow of my timeline
- cause a certain photo to show up bigger
- call attention to a current post
- point readers toward an ongoing discussion in the Comments
2 Hide other posts. This keeps them from cluttering my timeline. I can unhide them later, after enough time has elapsed.
I know that doesn’t give you much for specific instructions. For those…and for additional ideas on how to improve your Facebook Timeline…I defer to these folks and their very helpful posts:
- Five Tips to Make Your Facebook Timeline Amazing (Add a Life Event might be a better idea than I presently realize.)
- Facebook Timeline: Quick Tips And Smart Examples (Be sure to scroll to the end for some novel cover images!)
- 20+ Overlooked Facebook Timeline Tips You Must Know! (Notice #5.)
- 5 Must-Know Facebook Timeline Tips/Tricks (He says five, but don’t quit at the fifth one — he added a bonus.)
Now please tell us one thing you’ve done to tame your Timeline. After all, we might want to train our own Timelines that way also.