Have you ever heard of the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement?
I would say that extinction and movement have a way of being mutually exclusive. If the members truly are for voluntary extinction, how can they possibly be part of any movement?!
- Nevertheless, consider what UPI has to report:
- Make no mistake about it, the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement isn’t anti-child, it’s more like anti-human.
- The VHE is dedicated to phasing out the human race in the interest of the health of the Earth, founder Les Knight told Wednesday’s San Francisco Chronicle.
Not very dedicated, I would say.
- But please continue reading….
- With 16,000 people born per hour and a current global population of 6.5 billion, there are already more than enough people on the planet, Knight said.
Not that I believe Mr. Knight should voluntarily extinctivize himself, but what’s he doing here then?
- Oh, perhaps you’re wondering about the headline for my post.
- Knight, who had a vasectomy at age 25, emphasizes VHE likes kids and says many of its members are parents as well as children.
Many of its members are children. Good deal. They were all born, albeit involuntarily. I don’t find that particularly unique — ever since Adam and Eve, all humans have been children.
Oh wait. I get it now. Membership in this organization is comprised of adults and non-adults.
Am I mocking Mr. Knight and the organization? Perhaps, though I really don’t mean to.
I hope Mr. Knight finds a better purpose for living.