I just posted this at Facebook:
Yesterday afternoon accepted sick friend’s Sunday School class. Young men. “A New Heaven and a New Earth” — 2 Peter 3:7-14; Revelation 21:1-8. Studying for it now. Wish I could have got to “Thoughts for the Week” this week!
Here I’ll “live blog” some of my preparations. I’ll begin by pasting in most of my notes so far. And will plan to add more every ten minutes or so. If you want to help me, please use the comment section below!
Introductory questions to chew
- Does the Lord seem slack to some because of His longsuffering toward me? (9)
- Am I anxious for judgment or for repentance? (3:7,9)
- As I live, what do I see and what do I look for?
- How shall I whet my spiritual appetite and thirst? (6)
- Have you got a fire-proof safe? (3:7)
- What would it be like to be ignorant of this? (3:8)
- Whose damnation am I willing to accept? (9)
- Will I lose much of my work? (10)
- How should reality affect my “real living”? (11)
- “Looking for and hasting unto the coming day of the Lord” (12) — I don’t think I do that; how am I (or should I) be doing it?!
- To what extent do (or should) God’s promises affect my focus and my purpose? (13)
- Yesterday, was I at all aware of any spiritual thirst? (6)
- How effective a motivation is Revelation 21:7 to me?
- ¡cómo no debéis vosotros andar en santa y piadosa manera de vivir! (11)
- Me: How can you not be required to walk in a holy and godly way of living!
- Google: How ought you to be in holy and pious way of life!
- Enjugará Dios toda lágrima…ni habrá más llanto, ni clamor, ni dolor; porque las primeras cosas pasaron. (4)
- Me: God shall dry every tear…nor shall there be more crying, nor clamoring, nor pain; for the first things have passed.
- Google: He will wipe every tear … be no more mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.
- Hecho está. (6)
- Me: It is done (ie, made, accomplished).
- Google: Made this.
Related Posts and Pages
- Since They Shall Be Destroyed…
- Waiting for the Day of God
- The Day of the Lord
- The New Heaven and the New Earth
This live blogging event is done as of 8:15 am (Pacific).