I’m rather late in the week to be reading the next Sunday School lesson in Christian Light‘s quarterly. But I finally got to reading the lesson text (Mark 6:45-56).
It truly does speak to my heart need in some areas!
- Even He who is one with the Father prayed. Much. I don’t understand why God the Son needed to pray. What do I not understand about prayer?
- Jesus could see them “in the midst of the sea” while He was on land, apparently quite a while after they left. I believe He is similarly aware of my “toiling in rowing” while the wind is contrary to me. But how do I increase my awareness of and reliance on that…and Him?
- Jesus spoke to the need of their hearts. What must I do to hear Him better when He speaks to the needs of my heart?
- Jesus saw them from land. He walked on water (faster than they were rowing). He stilled the storm. Do I know of anything He cannot do on my behalf?
- What has hardened my heart? Does my faith fail to “connect the dots” of God’s faithfulness?
- The people could count on Jesus for help. Do I? Furthermore, do others see enough of Jesus in me that they count on me for some compassion and help?