Like a shepherd — tender, true — Jesus leads. Me.
Jesus leads. He knows where He’s going. He knows how to get there. He knows the best route. So I follow.
Along the way, He provides what He knows I need. He knows, plans, and arranges what’s best for me. So I follow. (PS: He knows everything and can do anything!)
- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
- He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
- He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
- Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
- Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
Where He leads, he provides:
- green pastures and still waters (v 2).
- soul refreshment, comfort, restoration, and direction (v 3).
- security and protection (v 4).
- provision in peril, provision in hurt, provision in need (v 5).
- goodness and mercy for life — and belonging forever (v 6).
Yes, “He leadeth me…”
- “beside the still waters.”
- “in the paths of righteousness.”
- “through the valley of the shadow of death.”
- “in the presence of mine enemies.”
- “all the days of my life.”
Yes, when I follow Him, goodness and mercy follow me.
How could I not follow?
So I am confident that some day “I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”
Walk with us?