Using Gmail or Hotmail or YahooMail or AOL is a gateway-to-the-Web experience with all kinds of distractions.
And bloat. Wow! Talk about bloat! 😯 If you use Gmail, you know it isn’t merely about email. You know how you’ve blown so much time “checking my email”! 🙁 Sure, it can be fun and entertaining and helpful and efficient.
in a distraction-free environment.
For over a decade I offered free, web-based email at God’s Post.
You might like these “negative” benefits of an @godspost.com email address:
- No advertising (almost none, anyway)
- No spying on you by the provider (ie, me)
- No chat or messaging to distract you
- No circles or hangouts to entice you
- No Pluses to feed you stuff you don’t want
Maybe by now you’re 🙄 or even 👿 at the negativity.
OK. How about some benefits then?
- Simplicity of use
- Freedom from non-email enticements and bloat
- Support for the little guy (ie, me) instead of the Web giants
- Promotion of a subliminal message about God’s call to servanthood
I began this post by referring to God’s Post as a web-based email service. It can also be configured for POP3 or IMAP. Or you can simply set it up to forward to another email address.
I also started by saying that I had offered it as a free service. That changed a year ago. I cannot afford to offer the service for free anymore. (And perhaps I never could!) I started charging $25 a year per email address.