Resist demons, don’t negotiate with them!
Peace with demons means they’ve won.
Peace with demons is only an illusion, if even that. Demons always intend evil. Demons will always harass and oppress. Any peace with demons assumes trust in treacherous beings.
I refuse to make peace with any demons.
“Resist the devil, and he will flee from you” (James 4:7).
Wrong thoughts lead to suspicion, contempt, anger, bitterness, lust, envy, deceit, evil speaking, and myriad sins enough to fill up the rest of this short blog post. I don’t want any of those in my life!
- “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer” (Psalm 19:14).
- Desire and aspiration and good intentions are not enough.
- Neither is an acknowledgement of truth.
- “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10).
- This is the only way Psalm 19:14 will ever be true.
- We speak from the abundance of our hearts (Luke 6:45).
- This is God’s work, but He doesn’t leave me workless.