Wrong thoughts lead to suspicion, contempt, anger, bitterness, lust, envy, deceit, evil speaking, and myriad sins enough to fill up the rest of this short blog post. I don’t want any of those in my life!
- “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer” (Psalm 19:14).
- Desire and aspiration and good intentions are not enough.
- Neither is an acknowledgement of truth.
- “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me” (Psalm 51:10).
- This is the only way Psalm 19:14 will ever be true.
- We speak from the abundance of our hearts (Luke 6:45).
- This is God’s work, but He doesn’t leave me workless.