Before divulging the one-word answer I have, here are some lengthier reasons for loving my neighbor (and my brother) as I ought:
- I have been born of God.
- I know God.
- God loves me.
- God dwells in me.
- God’s love is perfected in me.
- I dwell in God.
- As God is, so am I in this world.
- God loved me first.
- I love God.
- God commands it.
According to the good pleasure of His will,
- He has blessed us generously in Christ.
- He has chosen us in Christ.
- He has adopted us by Christ.
- He has graced us in Christ.
So that we should live before Him in holiness, in blamelessness, and in love — manifesting the praiseworthy glory of His grace. Continue reading